How to create blocks
Tiledesk makes it easy to create no-code chatbots in just a few minutes. One of the essential aspects of designing your chatbot's conversation flow is understanding how to use blocks. Blocks are the building blocks of your chatbot's conversation, and you can connect them together to create engaging interactions. In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the process of creating a basic conversation flow using blocks in Tiledesk.
Step 1: Understanding Blocks
- In Tiledesk, chatbot conversations are built using blocks.
- Blocks are the fundamental building elements of your chatbot's conversation flow.
Step 2: Adding Your First Block
- On the left side of the Tiledesk interface, you'll find a toolbar. Click on the "Most Used" icon.
- A dropdown menu will appear. From this menu, select an "Action" such as "Reply." Actions are the building elements of your blocks.
- Drag the "Reply" action from the toolbar into the visual builder, also known as the Design Studio.
- Drop the "Reply" action wherever you'd like in the Design Studio canvas.
- Congratulations! You have now created your first block.
Step 3: Adding a Button
- To enhance your block, you can add a button that allows users to interact further.
- Within your existing block, click on the block's "Exit Port."
- Drag a connection from the exit port to create a button.
Step 4: Creating a Second Block
- To create a second block, start by drawing a path from the button's exit port.
- This action will open the same dropdown menu that you used earlier to select an "Action."
- Choose an "Action" from the menu that will form your second block. This action could be another "Reply," "Condition," or any other action that fits your chatbot's flow.
- Drag and drop the selected action onto the visual builder.
- To connect your first and second blocks, draw a connection between them by clicking and dragging from the exit port of your button to the block. Here's a full tutorial, including a video, about connecting your blocks.
Step 5: Launch Your Chatbot
Once you're satisfied with your chatbot's conversation flow, you can launch it and make it available to users on your website or platform. Check here our installation guides.
Congratulations! You've successfully created a basic conversation flow for your chatbot using blocks in Tiledesk. You can continue to build upon this foundation to create more complex and engaging chatbot interactions.