How to connect your blocks
Tiledesk allows you to create no-code chatbots quickly. One of the key aspects of designing your chatbot's conversation flow is understanding how to use blocks and connect them together. In this tutorial, we'll guide you through the process of creating a conversation flow by linking blocks using Tiledesk.
Step 1: Understanding Blocks, Actions and Connections
- In Tiledesk, chatbot conversations are constructed using blocks.
- Blocks are built using Actions.
- Blocks are connected together to create a flow.
- The connections between blocks are made using paths.
Step 2: Creating Paths
- To connect blocks, you need to create paths.
- Hover over the exit port of any button within a block. It will become a green plus icon when you hover on it.
- Click and drag from the exit port to the block you want to connect it to. This action creates a path.
- This path tells your bot where the conversation should flow next.
Step 3: Deleting Paths
- If you want to delete a path, click on it. The path will turn light blue to indicate it is selected.
- Press the "Backspace" key on your keyboard to delete the selected path.
Step 4: Understanding the Significance of Paths
- Paths determine the decisions made by your users within the conversation.
- The paths guide users through specific conversation flows based on their interactions with the chatbot.
- Continue adding blocks and connecting them with paths to build your chatbot's conversation flow. This represents the next steps in the conversation.
- Test it!
Step 5: Launch Your Chatbot
Once you are satisfied with the conversation flow, launch your chatbot to make it available to users on your website or platform. Learn how to install it here and/or how to connect it to different departments.
Congratulations! You've successfully created a chatbot conversation flow by linking blocks with paths in Tiledesk. These paths play a critical role in guiding users through specific conversation flows based on their interactions, making your chatbot more engaging and user-friendly.