Getting started with Triggers
Here is where all automation happens
With triggers you can execute custom actions based on events triggered by the platform, all without coding skills.
System events are available, but custom events can be used too, and correspondent actions can be fired through the Triggers dedicated panel.
• [event] User opens a conversation
• [event] Department is pre-served by a bot.
• [Action] action “send hidden message to the bot”
Tiledesk comes with a set of default triggers already set up in your project. You can use these triggers as they are or modify them.
By default, some of these built-in Chat triggers are disabled on your project. If you would like to use one, simply pick the trigger, make any customizations you need to, and switch the Trigger status to Enabled. Don’t for get to Save changes.
The default triggers that come with your project are:
1. Online Welcome Greeting
Send a welcome message to your visitor to start a conversation, if there are online agents.
2. Checkout Page
The Checkout Page trigger is more of a skeleton to get you started than a ready-to-go trigger. It is designed as an example for Tiledesk customers who work in the world of retail, but it can also be adapted for other purposes. This trigger is designed to reduce cart abandonment by engaging customers that are visiting on the checkout page.
3. Offline Welcome Greeting
Send a welcome message to your visitor to start a conversation while there are no online agents.
4. Office Closed Notice
Send an out-of-office message if a visitor asks for support outside the operating hours.
5. Invite Bot
Invite the department bot, if available, to the temporary chat and start a conversation.
5. New Conversation
Create a temporary chat when ‘New conversation’ button is clicked.
Create Chat triggers
Chat triggers are created on the dashboard.
In the example below, we’re going to create a trigger that sends a welcome message to users visiting your website:
To create a trigger
From the dashboard, select Settings > Triggers.
- Click Add trigger.
- Enter a name and brief description for your trigger.
- Click Trigger status ON at the top to enable your trigger.
- In the Customize Trigger section, use the Run trigger drop-down to select one of the following events that should fire the trigger:
- Select When a visitor requests a chat if you want the trigger to run when the visitor has requested a chat.
- Select When a chat message is sent if you want the trigger to run when the visitor has entered and sent text in the chat widget.
- Under Check conditions:
- Select Check all of the following conditions if you want every condition you create to be met before the trigger is fired.
- Select Check any of the following conditions if you want one or more of the conditions you create to be met before the trigger is fired.
- Select actions under Perform the following actions.
- Click Create triggers.
- When the trigger is created and enabled, a check mark appears in the Enabled column on the Triggers settings page.
Note: If you have multiple triggers that must be executed in a certain order, you need to add at least one second of wait time between each trigger. This is required due to the fact that triggers do not run in a particular order and are evaluated and executed simultaneously.
Disabling Chat triggers
If you want a trigger to stop running, but do not want to delete it, you can simply disable it. Disabled triggers can be re-enabled at any time.
- From the dashboard, click Settings > Triggers, then click the trigger you want to disable.
- In the Trigger status section, click Disabled.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save changes. On the Triggers settings page, the check mark is removed from the Enabled column.
- To re-enable a disabled trigger, click the trigger you want to enable, then click Enabled.
Deleting Chat triggers
If needed, you can also delete triggers from the Triggers settings page. Deleted triggers cannot be recovered.
- From the Chat dashboard, click Settings > Triggers.
- Click the button to the left of the trigger you want to delete
- Confirm that you want to delete the trigger. The trigger is removed from the Triggers list.
That's all Tiledesk folks. For any feedback or issue, feel free to pop in on our Discord channel 📣
For more info on who we are, what we do, or what is our shtick, visit Tiledesk.com 👩🚀